On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Eric Hodel wrote:

> > Well, I've done further tests on this, and while I still can't get
> > it to run the code on the right machine, I now know that:
> > All the instance vars of the client give false in response to
> > .kind_of(DRbUndumped);
>
> A while back I posted a message about how UnDumped makes things behave
> the archives.  If not, I may be able to dig the subject from my outgoing
> folder.

The one that really stood out is the thread that really gets going
at Ruby-Talk:63281.  Is that the one you meant?

If so, I think I understand that: undumped will mean the object
remains on the machine that serves the object.  OK, but my situation
differs slightly from that example in so far as -- call the
machines/programs A and B, and the objects o and p for the sake of
clarity:

A serves the front object o to B         # that's the same
B uses o to pass p to A                  # that's the same
A calls p.meth, but it runs on A .       # That differs...

So...if I want p to always run on B I should include DRbUndumped in
it?

Once I have a better black-box model of how to use this I'll feel
more confident about studying the code in greater depth.

        Thank you,
        Hugh