"Stefan Schmiedl" <s / xss.de> wrote in message
news:b4b29e$1t0ftm$2 / ID-57631.news.dfncis.de...

> Another story from the trenches: I had a database frontend running fine on
> Access 97, but raising errors (something about "actions" (sic!)) on
> Access 2000. After changing a field name (!) from "aktion" (german for
> action) to "AccessIstDoof" (Access sucks) everything was fine again.

In my IE browser I've got a danish and an english version (different
computers). I usually hit Ctrl+F for Find (which actually is spelled exactly
the same in danish). For some completely unknow reason, the danish version
control+B for Find and launches external web search on Ctrl+F (arrghhh)
happens several times a day even after a year. I installed Opera just to get
rid of it...
Oh and notepad in danish terminates the application when I hit Alt+F+A which
usually measn Save As ... (probaly A means the danish "Afslut" meaning
terminate). It's so braindead it hurts.
I've only got the danish Win2K installation because it came preinstalled.
Otherwise I always install the english version to avoid all these stupid
problems.

Mikkel