I have abour 3 or 4 years experience with Linux, and about 2 years
experience with Java, recently though I decided to quit learning Java
because I found it rather slow and lacking, the biggest problem is that Sun
Microsystems made to many libraries for some functions and not enough for
other functions, they also have quite a few bugs that are noticable when one
tries to apply custom effects to GUI's such as setting colours with
..setBackground() and .setForeground() forsetting the colours. I am now
looking for one or two alternative programming languages to replace Java, I
am mostly interested in C, C++, Ruby, Python and Perl. What I would like to
know is which one would be better off in your opinion(s), one of the things
I concider important in a programming language is weather or not its good
enough to get me a job in programming. I look forward to your reply(s) :-)