Seth Kurtzberg <seth / cql.com> wrote:
> > > IMHO, what we need is 'Writing documents in English
> > > for dummies' or 'Teach yourself Reference Manual in 21 days'
> > > or 'Writing English Document: The Pragmatic Programmer's Guide'.
> > > And then let Japanese developers read them.
>
> I can help with this also.  However, no "dummies."

I think that "... for dummies" means "for people who
don't have any previous knowledge/backgrounds and don't
have enough time/motivation to learn them fundamentally."
correct?

>  I've always wondered
> exactly why anyone would read a "dummies" book.

If something gives enough knowlegde for dummies, it also
gives that for average people and beyond-the-average people
(even if it's verbose and redundant for them).

I know there are many "dummies" books that give uncorrect,
invalid and mis-leading informations. But some "dummies"
books are well-targeting, easy-to-read and
omitting complex details. I want the latter "dummies"
guides.

>  In any event, I doubt very
> much anyone on the ruby list qualifies as a dummy.

I believe, at least, I'm not dummy :-)

Regards,

TAKAHASHI 'Maki' Masayoshi     E-mail: maki / rubycolor.org