Aleksi Niemela writes:

# Ross asked something about widely known and largely ignored language (on
# this mailing list :)
#
# > I have many uses for the Set Intersection operator on Arrays,
# > but while I wait for Ruby to be installed on my production
# > systems, can someone please suggest an implementation of this in Perl.

Another generic solution (yielding non-coincidentally nearly identical
results in this case) is to consult the Perl Cookbook. (See index entry
for "set theory".)

And of course, there is even a newsgroup (comp.lang.perl.misc) for just
such questions.

# Actually the answer is so nice, that I wonder if Ruby community, or more
# like the environment, should pick something from this.

Sure. Likewise, a Ruby Cookbook would also be wonderful--along with the
corresponding "Recipe of the Day" Cookbook extract feature that you find
midway down Perl's home page (www.perl.com).

Speaking of cloning and customizing good ideas (or is that inheriting and
specializing?), perhaps the time is near for a Ruby "Success Stories"
column and archive. ....

Conrad Schneiker