----- Original Message -----
From: "Seth Kurtzberg" <seth / cql.com>
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 10:50 PM
Subject: Re: OSCON

> On Tuesday 04 March 2003 09:39 pm, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> > Hi,

> > |Specifically, what help do you need?
> >
> > Attend the tutorial, help part of presentation, fill the words I drop
> > when I screw up somehow, answer trivial questions from audience, etc.
>
> I could do that.  Usually I manage to speak in complete sentences.  :)

Probably just that I got up too early this morning...
but this reminds me of the old joke about Einstein
and his chauffeur. :)

They were approaching the next speaking engagement
at a university. The chauffeur said, "You know,
Dr. Einstein, I've heard you give this talk so
many times, I'll bet I could give it in your place."

So Einstein says, "That's a good idea." So they
trade clothes. At the university, the chauffeur
delivers the speech flawlessly and there is
thunderous applause.

Then comes the question and answer session. A
physics professor stands up and asks a long,
involved question about general relativity and
the curvature of spacetime.

"I'm surprised you would ask that," says the
chauffeur. "I'm very surprised. It's an extremely
elementary question. I'd have expected better
from this distinguished body. In fact, to show you
just how simple that question is... I'm going to
let my chauffeur answer it..."