On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Hal E. Fulton wrote:

> We'd probably have to come up with some neologisms (or
> maybe compounds, if they are allowed). What Esperanto word

These are fair questions, so I took the time to find out, with help,
what the answers might be.  They seem to live at:
http://purl.org/net/kameleono/KompLeks/UTF8/
then select the initial letter from the English alphabet.
> would we use for "closure"? What about these terms: Memory

closure: fermo
> location, garbage collection, iterator, object-oriented,

Memory location -- memora pozicio
        (combining refs to location search and memory)
garbage collection: makulaturtraktado, senrubigo
iterator: iteraciilo
bject-oriented programming: objektema programado
object-oriented programming language: . objektema programlingvo

> method, class, definition, dynamic, variable, constant,
method: metodo
class: klaso
definition -- defino (combining refs to defining occurrence
                and efinition module)
dynamic -- dinamika  (There are other possibilities as well)
variable: variablo
constant: konstanto
> module? What about names for punctuation like braces,
module: modulo
brace:  vinkulo
> brackets, parentheses, and so on? (Even English speakers
bracket: krampo
parentheses: krampo
        (Hmmm, same problem as English then :-))
> can't agree on these. One man's bracket is another man's
> parenthesis. And never mind the numerous names for #, such
hash:  dieso, krado
        (as destinct from hash function haketfunkcio..)
> as pound, number, sharp, octothorpe, ...)
>
> The more I think about it, the less practical it seems. :)
>
> Cheers,
> Hal

        Hugh