Simon Cozens <simon / simon-cozens.org> wrote in message news:<87bs0uocei.fsf / simoncozens-2.dsl.easynet.co.uk>...
> Thanks, all. This thread has made me realise that any comp.lang.ruby
> thread can be expressed as a fugue in eight voices. For instance:

Ah yes, very true. My motivation for finding something similar to
Class:DBI is so that we can make a quickish move away from Perl. Perl
is a wonderful language in that you can get things done and the sheer
weight of what is available makes life easy except for the slightly
dirty feeling I get every-time I write anything in it :-).

It looks like there are a few libraries in the works that could do the
same job so I'll definitely be keeping an eye open for those. Thanks
for the pointers on them.

peter w.