Hello, all.

Here's an idea in case someone wants to run
with it.

I might even do it, except that there are
a couple of pieces of critical info I don't
have.

I'm using a KVM switcher between my Linux box
and my Windows box.

I'm constantly finding that I want to cut-and-
paste from one to the other. (Psychologically
it "seems" I should be able to do this, because
the keyboard/monitor.mouse are shared -- even
though my brain knows better.)

Assuming only two machines, I'd like a little
app that would (in each case) copy the clipboard
contents to the other machine on demand. Probably
add an extra step making it manual, since we don't
*always* want to keep the clipboards in sync.
(Something similar to the way Exceed handles C&P
would be acceptable, though I find that interface
a little clunky.)

Writing a little druby app for the communication
would be easy. Especially if you could live without
a GUI.

I don't know how to manipulate the clipboard at
all, though, neither on the Windows nor Linux
sides. And on the Linux side, I don't even know
if it's an X issue or GNOME or KDE or what.

Just another random thought.

Hal