Esperanto has been touted as a common language for over 100 years, but it has
never really been a serious alternative.  If you want a good way to kill Ruby
entirely, put all the documentation into a language spoken by absolutely
nobody.

All the Ruby documentation should be available in both English and Japanese.
This will probably put more of a burdon on Japanese developers, as few
English speakers will be able to put anything on paper in Japanese, while
most Japanese developers have some English.

--
Seth Kurtzberg
M. I. S. Corp.