On Sunday 23 February 2003 11:20 am, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng wrote:
> To summarize (so people can trim the above :-))
> If one language is to be standard for Ruby docs, it must be chosen.
> Auxialliary langauges are not biased to one country/culture.
> The availability of good, free automatic translators is very important.
>
>         Hugh

Dude.  Esperanto?  That is ... that is to say ... I think ... I do not know if
I like it because it is a reasonable suggestion or just because it sounds
very cool.  So I have to put myself into "doubter mode" just to see past my
own preferences :-)

Is Esperanto or another auxiliary language practical?  You would basically
need one person (or team) in each language to learn Esperanto.  Is that
better than choosing some other language as the "central" language to
translate to and from?  Can you point us to other projects that have chosen
this path?  Mind you, they don't have to be limited to programming.  Any sort
of large-scale documentation project would be valid.

Okay, no more "doubting mode".  I'm going to go look up some Esperanto
resources for the heck of it :-)

-Brian W

--
brian at coolnamehere dot com