You know, this could be used for a lot more than just config files.
It could probably be extended to store any object as long as it's data
contains strings only.

For instance, in my tutorial I am working on an addressbook application.
We create an AddressBook class which, internally, is an an array whose
entries are Person classes.  The Person class is a hash with entries such
as "name" and "phone".

It would be great if I could save and load this entire class with
something as simple as:

xml_save(addressbook, "file.xml")
addressbook = xml_open("file.xml")

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Daniel.

--
Daniel Carrera
Graduate Teaching Assistant.  Math Dept.