On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Michael Neumann wrote:

> Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng wrote:
> > On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Michael Neumann wrote:
> >

> > > The language will be English (unless all visitors are able to understand German).
> >
> > OK, thank you.  I'm interested in this, but if my attending were to
> > trigger the transition from German to English for everyone else,
>
> This will not be the case.

OK, it sounds like you have decided on English, if the unless clause
is not triggered? :-)

> > then I'd rather not inconvenience so many people.  But it might not
> > be just me, I suspect (given the geographical spread of leading
> > Rubyists) there will be others who don't speak German.
>
> That's why we called it "European" and not "German Conference"
> (of course people from outside the Europe are very welcome).

And: of course you are entitled to have it in German as you are the
hosts! :-) That would not exclude non-Europeans either, or only in a
similar way to having any specific language.

> Regards,
>
>   Michael

       Thank you,
       Hugh (Wondering when the first Esperanto Ruby Conferecne
       might be :-))