> -- [ Guy Decoux ] wrote --
>  rb_protect() is described in the pickaxe (chapter "Ruby C Language API"),
>  and also in eval.c

Does RedHat 8.0 hide eval.c, or worse, do they hack up their own
version of Ruby?  It's great that Ruby comes with RedHat, but I wasn't
able to find `eval.c' until I pulled down a freash version from CVS.
I greped through everything, `eval.c' was only in a backed-up version
of ruby I had from a previous OS.  Has anyone else has this problem?

RedHat, I love them, but they have been switching things around
lately.  It's best to rip out the version of Ruby that comes with the
redhat installer and download yourself a fresh copy.

--
ed