Hi all.  I"m a Ruby newbie, but I've gotta say I'm really excited
about this language.  I'm definitely just starting to learn my way
around though.

My question is this: why is there no Range-specific implementation of
the "==" operator?  The obvious implementation of:
    def Range.==(other)
	first == other.first && last.other.last
    end
seems to work almost well enough.  I guess it would be better if it
handled non-Range arguments, but that should still be easy.

Is this just a lapse, or is there a good reason why Range#== has not
been defined?
--
	Steven
"The beauty of our national parks is awe-inspiring. Except for Jellystone.