On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Hal E. Fulton wrote:

> [...]
        [...]
> > On a side note, I've been thinking the pl stood for Perl or Prolog until

So did I.  I thought it was the Perl to Ruby translator project
becoming reality :-)

> Personally I am glad I don't have to post in a
> language other than my native tongue.

Agreed, by which I mean respect to those who do.

> Maybe we can all post our announcements in a
> Ruby-like pidgin from now on:
>
>   plruby.is_a?(database_tool)  # true
        [...]

I think if people wish to be minimalist then a 'keywords' entry such as

would go a long way to helping people decide whether to followup any
URL reference.  The writers don't have to wrestle with English
grammar, and translation of keywords is "just" a dictionary lookup.

> Cheers,
> Hal

        Hugh