Hi,

Johann writes:

#  How portable is ruby-fltk and the gtk-bindings?

Oops, Yashi's last note reminded me that I forgot to answer this part.

For gtk, I tried Ruby/GTK on AIX and was pretty impressed with it. (I also
tried out the Glade/XML GUI builder to make some simple Ruby/GTK demo
programs.)

Since Sun has committed to the Gnome desktop, I'm sure GTK+ will be in
good shape on Sun Unix. I think this is very likely to be (increasingly)
true for other Unix platforms.

As for MS Windows, http://user.sgic.fi/~tml/gimp/win32/ still carries a
list of warnings concerning the Windows GTK+ project. On the other hand,
the Gimp uses GTK+, and the Windows version of Gimp seems to run OK under
NT 4 (although I haven't done much with it).

However, I've never tried Ruby/GTK+ on Windows (although I would probably
be among the first to try it if Dave and Andy were to include it in their
Windows InstallShield distribution :-).

www.gtk.org does not show a Mac GTK+ project.

Conrad Schneiker