Hi,

Johann writes:

# On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:37:20 +0900, Aleksi Niemel
# <aleksi.niemela / cinnober.com> wrote:
#
# >wxRuby would be warmly welcomed.
#
# Coming from a wxPython background, I second that!  How portable is
# ruby-fltk and the gtk-bindings?

Some time ago there was a discussion concerning alternatives to Ruby/Tk. I
thought that wxWindows looked like the best prospect at the time (mainly
based on the experiences expressed in comp.lang.python and based on what
seemed like fairly good platform independence with respect to
Windows/Linus/Unix, and likely good Mac support seemingly on the way).
However I had never used wxWindows, and at least one person was very
adamant proponent of fltk. Also IIRC, wxWindows is a C++ package, which
might be troublesome for people who routinely build from scratch. (Does
anyone else know more about this issue?)

Anyway, would you be willing to give a brief summary of what you liked
about wxPython and why? And did you try Python/Tkinter first? If so, do
you like wxPython just somewhat better or very much better?

Conrad Schneiker