On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 07:50 PM, Brian wrote:

> I have to memorize a lot of stuff, so I've been thinking about how to
> make a tool that'll make me answer questions based on little quiz
> databases I make.
>
> I was thinking about something like this:
> atomic number:name:symbol:family
> 1:hydrogen:H:nm
> 2:helium:He:nm
>
> [snip]

Why not consider the Struct class (a built-in class with attributes
only)? You initialize with:

ChemistryQuiz = Struct.new("ChemistryQuiz", :atomic_number, :name,
:symbol, :family)

and then initialize classes for each entry like so:

ChemistryQuiz.new("1", "hydrogen", "H", "nm")

etc.

Struct mixes in Enumerable methods, which should let you traverse
easily. See the reference in the pickaxe book or pages 268-269 in The
Ruby Way. Please let me know what you end up doing.