Przemek writes:

# I would like to get some experiance in Ruby with some portable GUI (MS
# Windows, Linux).
#
# I've been using Python for the last 2 year with wxPython a very nice GUI
# (and not only) wraper.
#
# Is there anything analogical in Ruby ?

Well, there is always Tk. It's certainly portable, and the Ruby support
for it is probably more complete (indeed, fully complete AFAIK) and more
mature than for any of the other GUI packages at present. While Tk doesn't
have as many cool megawidgets as some other newer packages, the
forthcoming release of Tcl/Tk 8.4 is supposed to begin to remedy this.
Browse the RAA (http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/raa.html) for more
information.

The Tcl/Tk widget demos done using Ruby/Tk:

    http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/raa-list.rhtml?name=Ruby%2FTk+Widget+Demos

A nice preliminary proof-of-concept Ruby browser in Ruby/Tk:

    http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/raa-list.rhtml?name=Gem+Finder

Conrad Schneiker