 require 'fox'
 include Fox
 class MainWindow < FXMainWindow
   def draw_display
     @tree = FXTreeList.new([snip])
     @tree.create
     @one = @tree.addItemLast([snip])
     [snip]

Jason Persampieri  <jason / persampieri.net> wrote:
>Try that.  [@tree.create] Fox widgets need to be explicitly 'created'
>when they are added after the application.create call.  And beware
>calling your 'draw_display' from initialize now.  The widget will be
>created in the first pass, then throw an error in the second pass (when
>it tries to create it again).

Yes!  Thank you so very much!  What I was missing was the 'create' method.
Now that I know that is the "magic" function which makes things appear on
the screen and see that there are indeed a couple of examples in FXRuby
that show how this works, but I overlooked them because I did not understand.

But thank you very much for helping me.  I now can do what I had hoped to
do in FXRuby, which is create a user interface on the fly based on input
files known only at runtime! =)

-Jacob
--
jnews / epicsol.org            Violations of McQ flagrantly "sponsored" by...