I'm still having this problem, having moved to 1.6.8.

However, I was able to almost get around it by
setting the default column width, rather than
explicitly setting the column widths for the
separate columns.

I'd still be interested in seeing some code that
sets column widths.

I'd also be interested in seeing code that sets
the justification for a TableItem to something
other than centred (or right-justified, which
seems to be the default).  I actually want
left-justified, but haven't been able to find the
LEFT, RIGHT, TOP and BOTTOM constants the RDoc
documentation refers to.

I even did a search through the source code
directory, but didn't find them.

TIA