Hi everyone,

Am having MAJOR trouble handling strings.

I have a file into which I've put some text. I want to read this text into
some data structures and, later, print it out.

All the related text is on a single line, but one of the text items
contains embedded newlines, which I've entered into the file as "\n". The
portions of each line (record) are tab-separated to make them easier to
read.

No problems reading the file and doing everything else the way I want to,
and I end up with the string I intend to print out (that contains the
embedded newlines). BUT: no matter what I do, I can't get either puts or
print to substitute newlines for the "\n" sequences. Both methods just
print them out as is. Not good.

I've tried several ways of quoting ("#{variable}", %Q(#{variable}), etc.)
with zero success. ("variable" in both cases is a String object.)

Any suggestions?

--
Tim Kynerd   Sundbyberg (sméÔtan i storstan), Sweden   tim / tram.nu
Sunrise in Stockholm today:  7:42