On Sunday 09 February 2003 12:26 am, Jim Weirich wrote:

> It just took a few minutes.

only a few minutes? very skilled! do you code for a living?

> Hmmmm ... I've never tried to pass parameters that way, but I've only
> used the Postgresql DBD driver from the DBI package.  Do other DBD
> drivers set AutoCommit in that way?
>
> Trying with connect call parameters ...
>
>   $irb --simple-prompt
>
>   >> db = DBI.connect("dbi:pg:jim", DBUSER, DBPW, 'AutoCommit'=>false)
>
>   => [... elided ...]
>
>   >> db['AutoCommit']
>
>   => true
>
> It seems the Postgresql driver does not recognize autocommit in the
> connect call.  If people expect that, it should be fixed.

yep, that's it. works now. i got the hash parameter method from the Ruby
Developer's Guide...one of the two needs fixing.

thanks Jim, really appretiate your help.

okay, on to the next bug...(see tom run away like a super hero set to fly! :)

--
tom sawyer, aka transami
transami / transami.net