http://fairfax2.laser.net/~jsmall/rubycorner.html

DBI::ODBC (79k) version 0.1.   Database Independent API for Ruby.  Includes
ODBC driver (DBD) which
you can use as an example for writing other DBI (DB dependent) drivers.

Similar to Perl's DBI module.

Includes dbi.rb, odbc.dll, and odbc.c.

Compiled with Visual C++ for Ruby build likewise. You will need to port to
other platforms.

Includes dbidemo.rb to show how to use these modules. This is working but
will be improved shortly.
I was about to write a Perl - MS Access application when I found Ruby two
weeks ago.  I wrote this
so I could do it in Ruby instead.  It is good enough for "select", "delete",
"update", and "insert", etc.
I will add transactions and various attribute settings shortly along with
more documentation.  (Perhaps
someone could port this to other platforms, e.g. cygwin.)

Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

    mailto:jsmall / laser.net subject: ruby-dbi

John