In article <0c7401c2ce25$21faedc0$0300a8c0 / austin.rr.com>,
Hal E. Fulton <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> wrote:
> [...]

....perhaps...  Isn't the Postscript standard pretty well publicised
though?  Lots of the free tools are now letting you write PDF files too
now, so that spec must be pretty open too (or at least easy to reverse
engineer).

>Besides the fact it's not open, is there any other
>reason Linux people hate Flash? My friend hates it,
>but he hates *LOTS* of things. :)

Well, I think a lot of 'em think it add a huge amount of bloat to web
pages.

But we're talking about building a GUI on it so that may not be an issue,
though personally I probably wouldn't work on a project which used Flash
as the basis of a GUI primarily because it is a closed standard, while I
would consider (if I had the time, so I'm speaking hypothetically here)
building a GUI using SVG which is an open standard... but that's just my
opinion.

Phil
--
"Or perhaps the truth is less interesting than the facts?"
Amy Weiss (accusing theregister.co.uk of engaging in 'tabloid journalism')