I have to say that ever since coming to Ruby (a month ago) I've thought that
building a GUI frontend in Flash would be way easier than using TK or FXRuby
et al.

My understanding is pretty limited though regarding how Flash could
communicate with Ruby. (It's also limited to Flash 5, not MX.) Are you using
a web-server running locally?

Well, I hope you'll provide enough explanation to this "inter-process
communication" that even the Flash novice will be able to follow it.

Roger Sperberg