I'm interested in interacting with another machine via CORBA and I'd like
to use Ruby. I saw there was some great work done on Ruby-ORBit and I
was able to get it to run some basic examples, but I couldn't really take
it to the "next level". I contacted the maintainer and he said he was
currently pretty busy but that he was working on an pure-Ruby CORBA
binding called "rinn". So, it would be a while before he is able to come
back to the Ruby-ORBit code.

As I've been hunting around, it seems to me that perhaps the best
solution on Linux would be to build bindings to OAF instead of directly
to ORBit. I'm pretty new to this, but I assume that this is a pretty
important topic. I'd like to see if anyone is currently working on
such as beast (ie - Ruby-OAF bindings). It would be incredibly
powerful to be able to use Ruby instead of C for all CORBA work.

Any ideas?

Steve Shreeve
http://s2s.org