On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Dave Thomas wrote:

> This one kind of snuck up on us, and we didn't have time to add it
> before printing.
>

> "If it's on paper, it's out of date"

Given that:
    1.6 has new features over 1.4
        class variables, block_given?, ...;
    more people are joining the community because of the book;
    we are already discussing adding more features (when(nil), etc);
    people look on-line for information (as I did w/ Python [map, filter,
        reduce]);
    when people look on-line they will certainly look at ruby-lang.org;
    different slants on documentation may suit different people, so
	that whilest the library ref at rubycentral is excellent, there
        is room for "competing" documentation;
may I suggest that updates to the 1.4 docs at ruby-lang.org be accepted
so that they can be brought up to date with 1.6.x, and then used as
a basis for the preparation of /1\.[78]\.\d/ docs?

	Hugh