This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------extPart_000_000C_01C2CD77.2D6548D0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charsetso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Ok, I found my answer via IRC.  It turns out that there are constants for
Gender.  1 is for female and 2 is for male.

-Dwayne

-----Original Message-----
From: Dwayne Smurdon @ DNA Media Pro [mailto:smurdon / dnamediapro.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 11:33 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: error adding an Outlook Contact..



Ok,  I'm adding in new Contacts in Outlook from a MS SQL Server database.
It fails on Gender.  If I add the gender field to 'user1' or something else,
it's just fine.  At first I thought it was because my datasource has an "M"
instead of "Male" -- so catch that and change it.  Below is the debug output
from my script.

Any thoughts?

-Dwayne


This is where I am (PREIT-RUBIN Inc.)   CompanyName
This is where I am (R.) MiddleName
This is where I am (Dudley)     FirstName
This is where I am (Male)       GENDER
./OutlookContact.rb:18:in `method_missing':  (WIN32OLERuntimeError)
    OLE error code:4096 in Microsoft Outlook
      Type Mismatch: Unable to coerce parameter value. Outlook cannot
translate your string.
    HRESULT error code:0x80020009


------extPart_000_000C_01C2CD77.2D6548D0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charsetso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=Windows-1252">
<TITLE>error adding an Outlook Contact..</TITLE>

<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4922.900" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=105303105-06022003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Ok, I 
found my answer via IRC.&nbsp; It turns out that there are constants for ender.&nbsp; 1 is for female and 2 is for male.&nbsp; </FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=105303105-06022003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff ize=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=105303105-06022003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff ize=2>-Dwayne</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr 
style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma 
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Dwayne Smurdon @ DNA Media 
  Pro [mailto:smurdon / dnamediapro.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, February 05, 
  2003 11:33 PM<BR><B>To:</B> ruby-talk ML<BR><B>Subject:</B> error adding an 
  Outlook Contact..<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><!-- Converted from text/plain format -->
  <P><FONT size=2>Ok,&nbsp; I'm adding in new Contacts in Outlook from a MS SQL 
  Server database.&nbsp; It fails on Gender.&nbsp; If I add the gender field to 
  'user1' or something else, it's just fine.&nbsp; At first I thought it was 
  because my datasource has an "M" instead of "Male" -- so catch that and change 
  it.&nbsp; Below is the debug output from my script.&nbsp; </FONT></P>
  <P><FONT size=2>Any thoughts?</FONT> </P>
  <P><FONT size=2>-Dwayne</FONT> </P><BR>
  <P><FONT size=2>This is where I am (PREIT-RUBIN Inc.)&nbsp;&nbsp; 
  CompanyName</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>This is where I am (R.) MiddleName</FONT> 
  <BR><FONT size=2>This is where I am (Dudley)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; irstName</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>This is where I am 
  (Male)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; GENDER</FONT> <BR><FONT 
  size=2>./OutlookContact.rb:18:in `method_missing':&nbsp; 
  (WIN32OLERuntimeError)</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; OLE error 
  code:4096 in Microsoft Outlook</FONT> <BR><FONT 
  size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Type Mismatch: Unable to coerce 
  parameter value. Outlook cannot translate your string.</FONT> <BR><FONT 
  size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; HRESULT error code:0x80020009</FONT> 
</P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------extPart_000_000C_01C2CD77.2D6548D0--