> I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do.  When you say dynamically
> require a file from within a class, do you mean something like this:
>
>   class MyClass
>     require 'something'
>   end
>
> When you say "mixin a method from this module", I think you mean "mixin
> a module from this file" :-)

You correctly parsed my vague question on both counts,

> Finally, is it possible you really want to extend the current object,
> rather than include it in the object's class?

and you astutely determined that I don't really want to do what I stated I
want to do. You deserve some sort of interpretation prize! I am new to Ruby
and overlooked this (important) detail, so thanks for more help than I knew
I needed.

~Jon Hurst