rubyists-

i am writing a __simple__ naming service for DRb objects - itself a DRbObject.
my plan is to use this primarily as a means to locate services on the
localhost needed by cgi programs (say database connection pools).  i have
never used a corba naming service so i am not that familiar with them but here
are my ideas so far

  * a hierachy of ServiceDomains will exist
  * ServiceDomains will be able to contain Services, or other ServiceDomains
  * Services (DRbObjects) will be able to register their name and uri within a
    ServiceDomain in the name server

i also plan an automatic timeout for services - the nameing service will
'forget' about a service if it has not heard from it for a configurable
'while' - and a simple web interface to the service.

i know this isn't a very detailed write up, but if anyone has suggestions or
would like to test any prototypes please let me know.

-a

ps. if you know of an _existing_ DRb naming service let me know, i've not been
able to find one

--