"Yukihiro Matsumoto" <matz / ruby-lang.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:1044033836.111446.7865.nullmailer / picachu.netlab.jp...
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Local variables & blocks"
>     on 03/02/01, "Robert Klemme" <bob.news / gmx.net> writes:
>
> |Ok, I include another example to check whether I got it right:
>
> Unfortunately, wrong, even in the current behavior.

Darn.

> |    if defined? bar
>
> The "defined?" status resolved at compile time, so that this never be
> true, even after the first iteration, since there's no preceding
> assignment to the variable "bar".

Ok, then I did not get it right.  I'll ask the other way round. What is the
proposed behavior of this:

def blocktest(*args)
  args.each do |arg|
    foo = "yes"
  end

  p foo
end

blocktest(1,2,3)
blocktest()

If I do understand the thread correctly, 'foo' will not be local to the
block - just 'arg' will. So 'foo' will always be defined in 'blocktest()'.
Sorry for beeing so slow on this one.

Kind regards

    robert