On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, hipster wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Nov 2000  15:29:31 +0900, Conrad Schneiker/Austin/Contr/IBM wrote:
> [snip]
	[...]
> > Hmm. What's this here? Your might want to consider "reduce: a generalized
> > inject function" (http://www.xs4all.nl/~hipster/lib/ruby/reduce) as a
> > starting point. It's already written in Ruby. (What a coincidence! :-) And
> > it happens to have the name I prefer.
>
> Credits go to Dave Thomas, see [ruby-talk:03178]. I merely archived
> it for posterity.

Is it any help to remind people that Python has
    map
    filter
    reduce
which operate on lists?  See:
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/built-in-funcs.html
for what they do.

I noticed from the Ruby Central library reference:
http://www.rubycentral.com/ref/index.html
that Ruby has map! but doesn't seem to have map.  It doesn't have
filter or reduce either.

> Regarding the camelCase vs. underscore discussion, I'd like to express
> my preference for underscores.

I'd agree, but could live with the other.
> 	Michel

	Hugh