Hi,

Chad Fowler writes (rearranged for readability):

# --- "Guy N. Hurst" <gnhurst / hurstlinks.com> wrote:
# > Conrad Schneiker/Austin/Contr/IBM wrote:
# > >
# > > Guy N. Hurst writes:
# > > ...
# > > # One thing I would be willing to volunteer for is
# > to create a summary
# > > # of the mailing list ruby-talk, since I read it
# > all the time anyway,
# > > # and was planning on creating a weekly or
# > bi-weekly summary anyway.
# > > # This is one of the items that could be shared
# > among all the current
# > > # and future ruby sites ;-)
# > >
# > > Hmm. Does this perhaps mean that in addition to:
# > > ...
# > > that we might soon be seeing:
# > >
# > >   Subject:
# > >         Dr. Dobb's Ruby-URL! - weekly Ruby news
# > and links (Nov 20)
# ...
# > That is very interesting - thanks for bringing this
# > up.
# ...
# > I suppose it would be a good idea to ask the
# > community just what
# > they would expect, and what they would find useful,
# > for something
# > like this.
# ...
# I would prefer something more like Linux Kernel
# Traffic (perhaps this is your inspiration?).  Kernel
# Traffic is at http://kt.linuxcare.com.
#
# I considered doing something like that for the XP
# list, but the volume and frequency of birdwalking and
# subject changes makes it a bit daunting.  I find the
# format to be really useful--embedded info, less
# links--especially for a subject like the linux kernel.
#  I think a summary like that would be great for this
# list, since the pattern is more oriented to small,
# cohesive conversations.

Another interesting example appears at the top of Perl's home page
(http://www.perl.com), which has links to the weekly P5P (Perl 5 Porters)
weekly digest and archives.

Side note: By sheer coincidence, the current digest
(http://www.perl.com/pub/2000/11/p5pdigest/THISWEEK-20001107.html)
includes a discussion of a regex stack overflow problem, and the
difficulties of a general fix for it.

(By the way, please follow the standard newsgroup Netiquitte conventions
of selectively quoting the material you are referring to before you refer
to it.)

Conrad Schneiker