Hi!

Daniel Carrera wrote:
> When I make a Ruby extension based on this code, it would stay under the
> GPL.  But who has the copyright for the new version?  Is it the orignal
> developer ("Joe Hacker") or is it the guy who ported it to Ruby (me)?

Well... I'd say: the moment you change the original source code, you
"derive work from" it in terms of the GPL. Therefor, you should concider
this (derived) work as yours and put your name in the notice. It would
definitely be nice if you included information on what original work
your file is based, but the only _obligation_ you have ist to publish
your file.rb under the terms of the GPL as well.

See ya

		Phil

--
So there actually _is_ a framerate to modnight commander on a Cyrix-133+