> IMHO, we should compare RDoc with RDtool, and compare
> SimpleMarkup format + extention for RDoc with RD format.
> I think http://rdoc.sourceforge.net/rd/index.html is fair
> though RDtool is 'RDtool', not 'RDTool'. :)

Oops - fixed  :)

> I love RDoc's embedding format (rdoc package - SimpleMarkup package).
> I never think SimpleMarkup is not good, but I wish if I can
> use RD format in RDoc embedding format like;
>
> class Foo
>   # Foo bar
>   # :label
>   #   definition
>   def method..
>
> Because I have tons of RD resource.
>
> I know, I should write generators/html_generator_from_rd.rb plus
> something needed.  Is there anyone who did it?

You won't be able to use a generator for this, because the formatting
has already been worked out by the time the generator has been called.
What we need instead would be a version of RD that's plug compatible
with SimpleMarkup.

Having said all that, I'm working on a new architecture for RDoc that
may well simplfy all this (and meet a lot of other needs too). I need to
clear the decks for a week or so to get something together (and that
won't happen for a while yet).

Cheers

Dave