Hi,

I'm trying to understand SAFe and tainting in Ruby but I can't see how it
can help me create a "sandbox" for constrained execution of scripts and
apps not in my direct control. I would like to limit the files a script
(and any processes it might spawn/fork etc.) can access and write to a
specified sub-directory, but I guess it's out of reach for Ruby's tainting
and SAFE model?

Any ideas how this can be accomplished? I guess you have to go write an
OS-specific extension? (Linux and Windows are my main targets) Have you
seen any open source code for doing this that I can build upon?

I'd like to add some basic security to my upcoming
RubyAtHome-type of application...

Regards,

Robert