On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 12:07:29PM +0900, NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:

Hi NaHi,

Thank you for considering my suggestions.

> 1-3, in this weekend.

Great!

> > 4)  Purchase the 'rubyarchive.org' domain and assign the
> >     libs, apps, docs, and info subdomains [snip]
>
> For now, I think raa.ruby-lang.org is enough for main repository.
> But I'll be happy when someone replicate RAA metadata to
> libs.rubyarchive.org and serve his/her RAA.succ at there.  I built
> RAA external interfaces(SOAP, XML-RPC, plain XML, RSS/0.9 and YAML)
> for that purpose.
> (It's my opiniion.  Matz and usa might have different thought.)

Sure.  We can keep this in mind and decide later.

> > 6)  In the lowest-level listings  -- for example:
> >
> > http://www.ruby-lang.org/raa/cat.rhtml?category_major=Library;category_minor=Algorithm
> >
> >   1.- Delete the version number, date and file name (e.g. diff.rb).
> >       Those are available at the individual project sections like:
> >       http://www.ruby-lang.org/raa/list.rhtml?name=diff
>
> File name is from its 'Short description'.  No need?

Oh, I see.
I don't think that the file name should appear in a "short description".
It doesn't tell you anything that you can't infer from the project name.

> >   2.- Replace the state (alpha/beta/stable) by icons
> >       (bronze coin/silver coin/ruby) respectively.
>
> Do you mean 'Status' field?  It's free text field now...
> Owner should select its status from predefined candidates?

Yes, that's what I meant, "status" (I'm not a native English speaker, so I
make some mistakes).

I think that pre-defined categories would be good for a few reasons:
  *  Makes it easier for the user to browse the list.
  *  Icons would leave more space for the description, and make the
     page look less cluttered.
  *  Makes the develper think a bit more about the state of their code.
  *  It let's you include "status" in your search.  So you can choose to
     only display "stable" code, or "at least beta" or "any".  Or you
     could have the search sort the most stable projects first.

Cheers,

--
Daniel Carrera
Graduate Teaching Assistant.  Math Dept.