Pat Podenski wrote:

> > Conrad Schneiker/Austin/Contr/IBM writes:
> >
> >  ... stuff omitted ...
> >
> > I've been pointed towards a binary distribution, and apparently the
> > required changes are already folded into the 1.6.2 distribution (or
> > whatever the new one is.)  Thanks be to SHIROYAMA Takayuki.

NOT!

Quoting scope error detected. :-)

The above should read something like this:

> Johann Hibschman writes:
> ... stuff omitted ...
> > I've been pointed towards a binary distribution, and apparently the
> > required changes are already folded into the 1.6.2 distribution (or
> > whatever the new one is.)  Thanks be to SHIROYAMA Takayuki.

Anyway, ....

> So where can the rest of us find this binary for Mac OS X?

Hopefully, the answer either is or soon will be the Ruby download page and
the RAA. (Maybe the Ruby download should eventually point to the RAA ports
section.)

However, you didn't indicate whether you had already checked, so let's do
so.  Hmm, don't see anything. OK, let's check out "Ruby Who's Who"
(http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/whos.html) next, so that we could at least cc:
the *originally* credited source, SHIROYAMA Takayuki, who may or may not be
actively following this newsgroup. Hmm, he's listed, but no e-mail address
is given. Well then, let's check out the "past mail archive"
(http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/ml.html) for ruby-list. A search turns up a
year+ old e-mail address, so we'll give that a try.

The comment, "... already folded into the 1.6.2 distribution ..." *might* be
referring to (or otherwise be applicable to) the "Nightly snapshot" on the
"Download Ruby" page (http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/download.html).

Conrad