> One comment was that the presence of the Pickaxe book,
> a truly excellent book, at no cost, is having an impact.
>
> Personally, I would like to see more books on Ruby. More
> shelf space can create more mind-share.  -laugh- Or is
> it the other way around?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> -mark.

I'm involved with e-books, and basically experience shows that electronic
versions of texts increase sales rather than the opposite. In my own case,
the electronic copy of the Pickaxe book enabled me to buy a different title
first, but soon enough I wanted the paper copy for reference so I bought it,
knowing it was worth the money. And I have to say that the existence of
several texts, from different perspectives, was definitely a factor in my
choosing Ruby over Python. A few more inches of Ruby (and XML, say) would
help create more mindshare as much as a heftier RAA, IMHO.

Roger Sperberg