On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Mark Wilson wrote:

> If keywords are more formally adopted, perhaps along the lines Gavin has
> suggested, I would recommend that developers place their keywords in ranked
> order based on their view of which keywords used are most applicable.  I
> think this would be helpful because it would provide more information about
> the developer's perceptions of the scope of their library or application.

i agree with you here.  however, i think that the _users_ should rank the
keywords (and perhaps many other things) : one of the cool things about
sourgeforge is that you can hit it a see instantly what's popular.  now, on
the RAA all you see is the most recent (which is also interesting).  i think
any system developed which did not allow users to give feedback on a module
could never be as successfull as one which did.  for example, a developer may
perceive that there package is good for templating pay reports, but users may
come along later and find that it's templating abilities make it great for
cgi/html programing.  of course, the ability to rank an entire module should
also be included.  perhaps someone already mentioned something along these
lines but this thread has gotten _so_ long - does that mean something?  ;-)

-a

--