I think people would go a long wa yto hear you talk :-)

I regularily attend OSCON coming form the UK, and all things being
equal, will be presenting on Open Source connectivity with SAP which
includes Ruby.  So I would love to see a Ruby track operating at the
same time.

I also think that there is a lot of interest building in the Perl
community about Ruby, and OSCON is after all the Perl conference as well
- having a track there would be a great boost and exposure for Ruby - an
 opportunity not to miss.

The guy to talk to is Nathan Talkington regarding a Ruby track, and the
best way to O'Reillys' attention is to start making submissions which you
can do right here:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2003/create/e_sess - closing date
is 15th of Feb.

Cheers.