On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, 2:07:22 PM, Hiroshi wrote:

>> Knowing *what* you can valuably search for means more powerful
>> searching, and means you can effectively browse as well - search
>> whatever categories (oops, I mean "keywords") you are interested in.
>>
>> This equates, more or less, to multiple categorisation, but without
>> all the hassle of working out how to implement such a beast.
>>
>> Easy enough?  Good enough?

> Seems good, more than enough.  We'll be able to get standard keywords
> from Category discussions of this thread, right?

Yes, the categories would be keywords (that doesn't stop them from
being categories as well).  But keywords are more than that.  Here is
an incomplete list:

  network
  database
  gui
  graphics
  audio
  text
  mathematics
  science
  algorithm
  natural language
  computer language
  computer science
  server
  client
  ruby modification
  xml
  cryptography
  misc
  games
  console
  compression
  archiving
  markup
  bioinformatics
  utility
  framework
  sysadmin
  logging
  version control
  port
  documentation
  test
  device
  regex
  wiki
  thread
  component
  library
  version control
  ruby binding

Well, I went and completed it.  I examined the list of all RAA
packages, and believe that they could all be nicely described by a
combination of the above words.

The list could be improved, no doubt, but it's a pretty good start.

> After releasing RAA/2.3, I'll try some UI.

Excellent!

Gavin