Hi, Daniel,

Thank you for the summary.  And also thanks to your effort about
creating mockup site.  The site brings forward descussion of site
design and categorization.

Sure.

> It is ordered in the suggested sequence, puttig what I think is easiest
> first (steps 1 and 3 are from Mark's email):
>
> 1) Move the search to the top of the page.
>
> 2) Turn the "What's new" section into a right tab, as depiced in the
>    mock-up
>
> 3) Combine redundant subcategories:
>
>  In Application:
>
>     devel, Devel, Development, development => Development
>     MIdi, midi          => MIDI
>     util, Util, Utility => Utility
>
>  In Library:
>
>     devel, Development         => Development
>     graphics, Graphics         => Graphics
>     Regex, Regular Expressions => Regular Expressions

1-3, in this weekend.

> 4)  Purchase the 'rubyarchive.org' domain and assign the
>     libs, apps, docs, and info subdomains as I suggested in
>     my previous email.
>
>     www.rubyarchive.org can be a "splash" site linking to
>     the other subdomains, as Dwayne suggested.

For now, I think raa.ruby-lang.org is enough for main repository.
But I'll be happy when someone replicate RAA metadata to
libs.rubyarchive.org and serve his/her RAA.succ at there.  I built
RAA external interfaces(SOAP, XML-RPC, plain XML, RSS/0.9 and YAML)
for that purpose.
(It's my opiniion.  Matz and usa might have different thought.)

> 5)  In the mid-level listings  -- for example:
>
> http://www.ruby-lang.org/raa/cat.rhtml?category_major=Library
>
>     Remove the last column and use the space for having two columns
>     of links.  Like so:
>
>     AI         6 projects   |  Hardware   4 projects
>     Algorithm  3 projects   |  HTML      14 projects
>     Array      1 project    |  I18N      10 projects
>     ...                     |  ...

I'll try and review it.

> 6)  In the lowest-level listings  -- for example:
>
> http://www.ruby-lang.org/raa/cat.rhtml?category_major=Library;category_minor=Algorithm
>
>   1.- Delete the version number, date and file name (e.g. diff.rb).
>       Those are available at the individual project sections like:
>       http://www.ruby-lang.org/raa/list.rhtml?name=diff

File name is from its 'Short description'.  No need?

>   2.- Replace the state (alpha/beta/stable) by icons
>       (bronze coin/silver coin/ruby) respectively.

Do you mean 'Status' field?  It's free text field now...
Owner should select its status from predefined candidates?

Regards,
// NaHi