Hi, Dwayne,

Thank you for your comment.  I try to answer your question about
current RAA.  But please take care that I'm writing about RAA site,
not about whole www.ruby-lang.org site, thought of couce some of your
suggestion must be valuable for www.ruby-lang.org developer.

First of all, here is my brief summary of Ruby's home page and RAA.
Bear in mind that it's a summary based on my memory and ML archive.
Some significant history must be ignored.  Comments are welcomed.

* 1996-02-14: Ruby's home page opened. [ruby-list:153]
  h ttp://www.kk.info.kanagawa-u.ac.jp/~conan/ruby/ [NOT FOUND]

* 1996-05-28: Ruby's home page moved. [ruby-list:286]
  h ttp://www.caelum.co.jp/~matz/ruby/ [NOT FOUND]

* 1997-07: Ruby's home page moved.
  h ttp://www.netlab.co.jp/ruby/ [NOT FOUND]

* 1998-05-15: Matz created initial RAA.  It was plain HTML written and
  maintained by Matz.  Two versions were available: Japanese and
  English. [ruby-list:7920]
  http://web.archive.org/web/19980526022441/http://www.netlab.co.jp/ruby/jp/raa.html
  http://web.archive.org/web/19991220075530/http://www.netlab.co.jp/ruby/en/raa.html

(1998-12: ruby-talk ML opened.)

* 1999-09-22: Matz got a domain www.ruby-lang.org and called for web
  administrators. [ruby-list:17000]
  This is the roots of www-admin / ruby-lang.org members now.
  Administrators built web site at the beginning of 1999-11.

* 1999-12-14: Matz wrote RAA software to allow developers register
  their application by themself. [ruby-list:19484], [ruby-talk:986]
  English version only.  No Japanese localized version of RAA was
  prepared after that.

(Many RAA.succ discussions in ruby-list and ruby-talk :-)

* 2002-10-24: Usa and NaHi, member of www-admin / ruby-lang.org,
  rebuilt RAA software after consultation with matz.
  [ruby-list:36200], [ruby-talk:54022]

* 2002-12: Sho and www-admin / ruby-lang.org members replaced
  www.ruby-lang.org with tDiary.

I'm NaHi, one of a developer of current RAA.

Matz, usa and NaHi.

> b) Who is the final decision maker(s) (after evaluating the excellent
> suggestions from the list)

We always discuss important changes via e-mail.

> c) Who will do the development?

Usa and NaHi.  All codes are in CVS repository.
Contact us at www-admin / ruby-lang.org if you want to join.
Suggestions will be welcomed at here (ruby-talk).

> 2) If noone already has,

N/A

> 3) Has the target audience for the RAA web site (is this the right way to
> refer to it?) been *clearly* defined?  It seems that until that is done, it
> will be difficult, if not impossible to come to a consensus on the best
> design.

Developer, but may not be enough clear for now.  RAA 'Application'
section may have to be targeted to users who don't know what Ruby is.

Thank you for comment 4-7.

Sorry for my Japanglish.

Regards,
// NaHi