Hi,

"Panther" <saspurss / libero.it> writes:

> if by my pc I ping my ip address (192.168.1.1), it's ok.
> If i to do this by script ruby I have this error,
> It is not correct?? What is script correct ??

The README says:
  ===
  "Why don't you return exceptions if a connection fails?" - Because ping is
  only meant to return one of two things - success or failure.  It's very
  simple.  If you want to find out *why* the ping failed, you can check the
  'exception' attribute.

  "I know the host is alive, but a TCP or UDP ping tells me otherwise.  What
  gives?" - It's possible that the echo port has been disabled on the remote
  host for security reasons.  Your best best is to specify a different port
  or to use PingExternal instead.

--
eban