Steve Tuckner wrote:

> It works spiffy now and update works fine for my purposes. I guess I looked
> for and invalidate (Windows/Mac background) method or a repaint method.
> There was a repaint method but it didn't do any good. What is that for by
> the way?

FXWindow#repaint causes a window to process all of its backlogged
SEL_PAINT messages. Put another way, if some sequence of events has
caused part(s) of a window to become dirty, calling repaint() on that
window should cause the needed SEL_PAINT messages to be fired.

The reason this had no effect in your program was that, as far as FOX
knew, the canvas wasn't dirty.