> You actually don't need to do this. The only function of this is to
> dump errors to the Web browser in php/asp/jsp style. If you don't use
> it errors will go to the log in the traditional way.
>
>> there a way to use this library in a standard fashion, and if not, why can't
>> errors be reported directly to the browser without using the narf runner?
>
> They could, but you would need to add a top level exception handler in
> your code. I think - if you have a better solution send me a patch :-).

I currently just run everything under mod_ruby. If you set your RubyHandler
to Apache::RubyDebug.instance then errors are trapped and reported to the
browser. I tried running narf under mod_ruby and I get the following errors

/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.6/web.rb:770:in `send_headers':
undefined local variable or method `mod_ruby_send_headers'
for #<Web::CGI:0x44a1fc7c> (NameError)
        from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.6/web.rb:552:in `flush'
        from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.6/web.rb:561:in `close'
        from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.6/web.rb:143:in `send'
        from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.6/web.rb:143:in `method_missing'
        from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.6/web.rb:869
        from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.6/web.rb:870
        from ruby:0

I'm running mod_ruby 1.0.4, which is the latest version. I believe I have
narf installed correctly because it runs fine if I use the narf runner
and setup apache to handle *.rb files as cgi scripts. It just doesn't seem
to like mod_ruby.

-
Travis Whitton <whitton / atlantic.net>