On Saturday, January 25, 2003, 1:48:46 AM, Simon wrote:

> Gavin Sinclair <gsinclair / soyabean.com.au> writes:
>> This would be nice.  In the volunteer, every man do his bit, world of
>> Ruby library development, it's not possible to centrally manage this,
>> though.

> That's odd; I wonder how it's possible that it works in the volunteer,
> every man do his bit, world of Perl library development.

Sorry, another reply.

Is it *centrally* managed in the Perl world?  If not, I'd like to know
more about the processes that allow a decentralised planning model to
succeed.  But I imagine that with the size of the Perl community,
there must be a few people qualified and inclined to take on the task.

The diminunitive size of the Ruby community only allows for one or two
people to manage a set of library mappings, as I proposed, and
probably not even that.

Gavin